The Converse Home has a long history, over 125 years, of providing a warm, caring home for our residents and a great work environment for our staff. We have career opportunities that offer competitive salaries and CTO, Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance and Pension benefits.
We are always looking for dedicated, caring people to join our community! Feel free to send in an application for a position that may not appear on this page.
Below are current employment opportunities in our community:
Are you a nurse in search of a position that brings joy and fulfillment personally and professionally? The Converse Home, an Assisted Living Community located in downtown Burlington, may be the place you have been looking for. The Converse Home is a non-profit with a volunteer Board of Directors and is the longest-running community in the state, recently celebrating 136 years of service. We are well known for our warm, welcoming, and home-like atmosphere. This is a wonderful opportunity for the right person to join a rare community!
We are looking for a day nurse 6:30am-3pm with every other weekend
The right person for this job will:
- Bring their leadership skills to our team.
- Be very organized and excel in time management.
- Provide excellent care to our residents.
- Hold an active state of Vermont Nursing License.
The Converse Home offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, retirement, and vacation time.
Come join a great team and love where you work!
If you are looking for a rewarding position as a caregiver, working with wonderful
residents and staff, please consider applying.
Full time spots:
- 40 hours a week 2:30-11 pm including every other weekend in our Memory Care and our Traditional community.
- 32-40 hours overnight shift 10:30 pm- 7am including every other weekend in our Traditional Care Community.
- 40 hours a week 6:30 am- 3 pm including every other weekend in our Traditional Care and Memory Care Community.
- 32 hours a week 6:30am-1pm including every other weekend in our Traditional Care Community.
Part time Spots:
- 4pm-9:30pm 17 to 22 hours in both our memory care and traditional communities
Per diem Nurses, LNA’s and RCA’s always welcome to apply
New care staff do on-site training with our Nurse Educator to make sure you feel confident in your new skills. If you are a seasoned caregiver or want to become a caregiver we would love to hear from you. We offer flexible schedules, excellent benefits, and competitive pay. Plus a great work culture!
Dining Room Servers
We are looking for dining room servers to join our team.. We need part time breakfast, lunch and dinner shifts week days and weekends. Come join a great team and love where you work!
- Servers are responsible for serving meals in and maintaining the cleanliness of the Home’s dining room and kitchen service areas.
- We are looking for staff members who can work positively as part of a team providing outstanding food to residents and employees. We like our residents and employees to have a good time, which often starts with good food.
- $16/hr per hour!
Driver and Maintenance Team Member (FT)
The ideal candidate will provide safe and courteous transportation of residents to and from various destinations, assist residents in and out of vehicles, operate ramp and lift devices as needed, and act as an escort to appointments when necessary. This candidate will also be able to perform light maintenance duties and be available to be on call one week/month.
We offer excellent benefits and competitive pay. Plus a great work culture!
This is a 40-hour (5 weekdays, rotating paid-on-call) benefited position.
You must have a clean background check and driving record to be considered for this position.
We are hiring for a Full-Time Housekeeper. 30-32 hours a week with one Saturday a month. Responsibilities include cleaning residents’ rooms and common areas, bed making, trash removal, and floors in the Home. Interact with residents courteously and respectfully. We are looking for someone with the desire to work with the elderly in an environment that upholds their privacy, dignity, choice, independence, and individuality, someone who is dependable, can work well with others, and function effectively as part of a team. Come join a great team!
- You must be a high school graduate or equivalent GED, be able to regularly lift up to 30 lbs, and spend long periods on your feet.
- Prior experience in housekeeping is preferred.
- You must have a clean background check to be considered for this position.
Come join a great team and love where you work!
The Converse Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
THE CONVERSE HOME
APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT
“The house is rich in history and charm and has been operating for over 125 years and that says a lot about a place. You must come take a tour and see for yourself!”
~ Converse Home Residents